Admiral Sleestak
This site is dedicate to parodying the real lizard in the PA Senate race.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

THIS is Democracy in Action

Those were the opening, arrogant words of Joe Sestak on the night of May 18th, 2010 when he destroyed any chance of reuniting the party. Now that the shipwreck known as Joe Sestak has finally sunk, I'd like to offer a final goodbye:

Joe-
You fooled us all in 2006.
We had no idea you would betray us and roll over for Bush on Iraq War Funding without "timetables". (Twice)
We had no idea you would vote to fund Cheney's office.
Warrantless wiretap. Telecom Immunity.

You sold us out, violating your campaign promises and our trust.

You proved repeatedly that your word given in private was no good. You failed to help the majority of candidates in 2007 and 2009 (and undermined the St. Leg candidates in 2006, 2008 and 2010).

In 2007, when I asked your brother if you would help us fund raise, he said "Why should he? It's not his contest. No one here did anything for him." This was 5 minutes after you gave a speech telling the assembled Dems that your win was "their victory, not your victory" and you couldn't have won without them.
This shows what a disloyal, disrespectful ungrateful fraud you have always been.

We had no idea what an egomaniac you were and how your ego and quest for power would destroy the Delaware county and PA Democratic parties. Your candidacy caused the DSCC to spend millions of dollars that were needed in other Senate races. You've cost us seats beyond PA due to the money DSCC wasted on you.

I was one of the few Dems who had the guts to criticize you and spell out exactly who and what you are (publicly), and how you would run your campaign roughshod over the party. Many listened, but few were in a position to do anything about it. Now, everybody has seen the "Sestak effect" and your true nature stands exposed.

The odd thing is that you and I are alike in many ways. We part company when it comes to ethics. You've shown you have none. So, you are like a version of me, without conscience or scruples. That is frightening.

Though you likely would have won in 2006 without any help from me, I still made a contribution to building your early infrastructure and supported you. So, I feel partially responsible for unleashing you upon an unsuspecting Democratic party.

While I'm sorry we are stuck with Toomey (and the other losses you have caused), I am comforted that your political career has run aground before you tried leaping to a presidential run or inflicting further damage upon the party.

You have been a blight on the party, costing us millions, and leaving us poorer overall. I am glad to be rid of you, for the good of the party.

Have fun packing up and moving back to Virginia.

Sincerely,
David Diano

2 comments:

  1. Dave,

    I admit, part of me is saying "I told you so" given way back when I had commented that Joe Sestak's personality was toxic. That aside, I do give you credit for recognizing it and taking a stand for that even against your political leanings. Let's both be thankful that this man is out of a leadership role. He has done enough damage both in the Navy and while in Congress.

    Cheers my friend,
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stu-
    I'm afraid he'll do more damage as a "star" witness at an impeachment trial for "job-gate".

    I can only hope that this defeat sends him packing back to Virginia, rather than attempting a comeback in PA.

    BTW, I still had Joe personal (home) email address from four years ago, and this is a copy of what I sent him directly after the election. It didn't bounce back, so I'll assume he got it.
    It's fun to speak truth to power. When you finally do retire from the Navy, and are able to talk about Sestak more freely, please look me up and contact me.

    ReplyDelete